MFEC is offering two scholarships for Montana Teachers (PreK-12) to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference, November 3-5, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
What, When and Where?
This conference, November 3-5, 2017 in Washington, D.C., offers classroom educators an opportunity to see, learn about, and try financial educational resources to integrate immediately into current lesson plans; to attend informative financial education workshops under three different strands—advocacy, curriculum/content, and personal growth; to meet with leaders from finance and education; and to network with colleagues from across the country.
View the conference details: http://www.jumpstart.org/nec17.
How to apply for the scholarship
To apply for one of two MFEC scholarships that will cover the registration fee ($425) and transportation (up to $575) applicants must submit the following in letter format: (limit of 2 single spaced pages).
1. Applicant’s name, position, school (with a brief description of responsibilities).
2. Number of years of teaching.
3. Titles of courses taught during the past three years. Please specify which courses include personal finance.
4. Statement describing how the applicant anticipates using the information from the conference in their classroom.
5. Attach a letter from administrator with approval to attend the conference.
6. Submit application to Megan Vincent, email@example.com, by Friday, September 29, 2017.
How does the applicant share what was learned with the MFEC and other educators?
Applicants are asked to share what they learned with two follow-up activities.
1. Write a short article for CTE e-newsletters highlighting one concept you learned and will be implementing directly into your classroom to be shared with Montana CTE secondary educators. Due by December 1, 2017.
2. Pick of the following two options:
a. Prepare a presentation to share what you learned at the conference during one of the quarterly MFEC Board meetings (December 2017, March 2018, or June 2018). May be done in person in Helena or via technology.
b. Prepare and facilitate a workshop using the material learned at Jump$tart at an in-state professional development opportunity as agreed to by the MFEC Executive Board. Due by June 30, 2018.