Announcing the Montana Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) 2017 State Leadership Conference – Creating Change Around the World! This year’s conference will be in Billings, MT March 19-21.
In addition to competing, meeting new friends, and enhancing Leadership Skills, this year’s conference promises to be unforgettable! Keynote speaker Brandon White will teach how to “Own It” in leadership in life during his keynote. This year also includes several great workshops from current FCCLA members, former state officers, and partners during the new College and Career Readiness Fair.
Visit FCCLA’s Conference Page for more information.
WHAT, WHEN, AND WHERE?
The Montana Financial Education Coalition (MFEC) is offering two scholarships for Montana Teachers (PreK–12) to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference, November 5–7, 2016 in Dallas.
This conference offers classroom educators an opportunity to see, learn about, and try financial educational resources to integrate immediately into current lesson plans; to attend informative financial education workshops under three different strands—advocacy, curriculum/content, and personal growth; to meet with leaders from finance and education; and to network with colleagues from across the country. View the conference details: http://www.jumpstart.org/teacher-conference.html
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP:
To apply for one of two MFEC scholarships that will cover the registration fee ($425) and transportation (up to $575) applicants must submit the following in letter format: (limit of 3 single spaced pages).
- Applicant’s name, position, school (with a brief description of responsibilities).
- Number of years of teaching.
- Titles of courses taught during the past three years. Please specify which courses include personal finance.
- Statement describing how the applicant anticipates using the information from the conference in their classroom.
- Attach a letter from administrator with approval to attend the conference.
- Submit application to Megan Vincent, email@example.com, by Friday, September 30, 2016.
How does the applicant share what was learned with the MFEC and other educators? The application can choose what method of sharing works best in their situation for 1 and 2.
- Prepare a poster or power point presentation to share what you learned at the conference during one of the quarterly MFEC Board meetings (to be determined between the board and successful applicant). May be done in person or via technology.
- Share the poster or power point presentation and during the MAFCS meeting April 20 – 21, 2017; MATCE in October 2017; or something in your district/region as agreed to by the MFEC Executive Board.
- Write a short article for the FCS e-newsletter highlighting one concept you learned and will be implementing directly into your classroom.
We love an opportunity to further financial education, so we’re happy to share this scholarship opportunity offered through National Jump$tart to attend their National Educator Conference!
Through the generosity of two national Jump$tart partners — Experian and U.S. Bank — scholarships for Pre-K through 12th grade classroom teachers are available to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference, Nov. 6-8, 2015, in National Harbor, Md., just outside of Washington, D.C.
Learn more about the conference at www.jumpstart.org/nec15
The scholarship covers registration for the conference, six meals (from Friday evening through Sunday noon), two nights in a private room at the Gaylord National Resort & Conference Center, and materials and full participation in the conference.
Click HERE for details and how to apply.