Homeword is offering a $25 gift card as an incentive to attend their monthly Financial Fitness class. Register at www.homeword.org to increase your Financial Fitness!
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Publications: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has developed a wide range of financial management publications: credit, money management, mortgages, savings. The publications are offered in English and Spanish. http://promotions.usa.gov/cfpbpubs.html
Sixth Annual Financial Literacy Leadership Conference: Financial Literacy-Opportunities and Resources
The Society for Financial Education and Professional Development, Inc. invites you to the Sixth Annual Financial Literacy Leadership Conference. The conference will be held on October 21-22, 2013 at the Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill.
This professional development conference will bring financial educators and other professionals together to gain new knowledge of available opportunities and resources to efficiently develop and manage financial literacy programs. The conference will also address college student retention and student loans. The conference also provides a great opportunity to establish new partnerships and networks. There will a special session that addresses the question “Does Financial Education Affect Financial Behavior?” Special networking stands will be placed throughout the conference for conference attendees to meet and share information.
Financial educators, policymakers and researchers recognize this professional development conference as a venue of choice. Based on last year’s conference attendees, 100% stated that the conference met their expectations.
Here are planned subjects to be covered:
- Financial Literacy Training Resources for Secondary Teachers
- Financial Education Resources
- Innovative Financial Education Partnerships and Opportunities
- What Every Financial Educator Should Know About Student Loans
- The Role of Financial Literacy and College Student Retention
- Financial Advisory and Financial Education Ethics
- Cross-Sector Partnerships Roundtable
- Does Financial Education Affect Financial Behavior?
- Financial Education for Small Businesses
- The Role of Financial Literacy in Financial Planning
Who Should Attend:
- Secondary School Teachers
- Financial Educators
- College and University Faculty/Administrators
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Credit Counselors
- Community-based organizations
- Federal, State, and Local Officals and Staff
- Financial Institutions Officals and Staff
- Corporate Officials
- Financial Planners
- Social Workers
- Education Institutions
- Faith-based Leaders
- Human Resources and Benefits Officers
- Consumer Counseling Agencies
- Housing Counseling Agencies
- Grant Writers
- Researchers and Authors
Visit the Society for Financial Education and Professional Development’s website for more information and to register for this conference.