There’s a great scholarship opportunity for Montana K-12 Financial Literacy Teachers to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference. Won’t you please share this time-sensitive information with teachers you know? Read on for details. Please help us by forwarding this notice to all deserving teachers. Ask them to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and at www.MTMFEC.org and www.FREDMT.org for the latest Financial Literacy news in Montana. Thank you!
Experian Teacher Conference Scholarships Jump$tart National Educator Conference – November 1-3, 2013
Experian is pleased to offer 20 scholarships for PreK-12th grade classroom teachers to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference in Washington, DC, November 1 – 3, 2013. The scholarship covers your registration fee of $395, which includes full participation in the conference, all conference meals and receptions, and two nights in a private room at the JW Marriott. Visit Jump$tart’s website for more information about the conference and what you get with registration. Please note that teachers (or their schools) are responsible for transportation, incidental, and optional costs.
How to Apply
- Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: “Experian Scholarship Request”
- E-mail may not exceed 500 words total and may not contain attachments.
- Include the following information:
- Teacher’s full name.
- Employer’s (school or school district) full name and address.
- A sentence stating that you (or your school or district) will be fully responsible for all transportation and incidental costs and will refund the scholarship if you fail to attend.
- A short description of the course, unit, activities, etc. in which you teach personal finance or your specific plan to introduce it.
- Please, no phone calls.
- Jump$tart will administer the requests on behalf of Experian.
Applicants must be:
- Full-time, licensed/certified, PreK-12 teachers, currently employed by a school or school district.
- First-time attendees of the Jump$tart National Educator Conference.
- Teaching personal finance (as a course or integrated into other subject matter) currently or must have a specific plan to introduce it.
Priority will be given to:
- DC-area teachers.
- Teachers from areas under-represented in conference registration as of October 4.
Apply right away! There is no deadline, but scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to the criteria and priorities shown above.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Jump$tart and given instructions for registration.
- All applicants will be notified by e-mail when the program closes or by October 18.
- Thank you for understanding that Jump$tart will be unable to take phone calls, give status updates, or entertain requests for exceptions.
Please help us by forwarding this notice to all deserving teachers. Thank you!